- Groklaw: Scientigo Claims Patents on XML
- ZDNet: Small company makes big claims on XML patents
- TechDirt: Company Claims To Have Patented XML; Plans To Sue Everyone
- eWeek: Scientigo Makes Broad XML Patent Claims
- Wikipedia: Scientigo
- Cnet: Small company makes big claims on XML patents
Charlotte, N.C.-based Scientigo owns two patents (No. 5,842,213 and No. 6,393,426) covering the transfer of "data in neutral forms." These patents, one of which was applied for in 1997, are infringed upon by the data-formatting standard XML, Scientigo executives assert.
Scientigo intends to "monetize" this intellectual property, Scientigo CEO Doyal Bryant said this week.